?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Fire tragedy in Albion

Tragedy in Albion this morning, with a woman dead and her family homeless after a mobile home fire. Here’s the story and video from Fort Wayne’s WANE TV (that’s me seen briefly, in my position as the fire department public information officer).

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/one-dies-in-mobile-home-fire-in-albion

Comments

( 10 comments — Leave a comment )
droxy
Aug. 28th, 2012 06:03 am (UTC)
That is so sad.

I think i would have tried to make a run for it, despite the burns. =(

In telecom installer training we were trained about electrified trailer homes. Those are deadly, and i am wondering if that is what happened, the trailer got electrified.
ozma914
Aug. 29th, 2012 04:50 am (UTC)
We haven't pieced it all together yet, but it seems like smoke inhalation is what got her -- it's the biggest killer in fires -- although there's also the possibility that she breathed in superheated air from not staying near the floor. Either way, we're still working out why she stayed inside up till that point.
amelia_seyroon
Aug. 28th, 2012 12:44 pm (UTC)
Man. My heart goes to the family. ;_;
ozma914
Aug. 29th, 2012 04:50 am (UTC)
Thanks -- in a small town like this, it's a really rough time for everyone, but losing a close family member that way is a horrible thing to go through.
(Deleted comment)
ozma914
Aug. 29th, 2012 04:51 am (UTC)
Thanks, we're going through the wringer here. Check your smoke detector ....
(Deleted comment)
ozma914
Aug. 30th, 2012 10:34 am (UTC)
I don't think that's silly at all! Fires do a huge amount of damage every year, and the only thing standing between fires and us is often the lowly smoke detector.
(Deleted comment)
ozma914
Aug. 31st, 2012 04:51 am (UTC)
:-)
( 10 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

November 2019
S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow