Picked up this LiveJournal meme from strangexgirl ... not tagging anyone, 'cause I don't do that, but everyone's welcome, of course!
Answer the questions
Tag eight people to answer them too
If you are tagged, it will be under the cut :D
1) Lots of pillows or just one?
Lots; I'm a fan.
2) What kind of books do you read?
If it's a book, I'm interested. I have shelves full of science fiction, romance, history, firefighting, mystery, and of course that whole case of books on writing.
3) What are your neighbours like?
Being lazy, I'll just use Emily's description:
The neighbors to the right have lots of dogs that they let out without a leash all the time and wonder why the hell they won't come back or end up in the pound. They let one out every morning at 6 am and it barks. You would think they would learn after the fiftieth time of it not coming back when called. If they shit in my yard again this summer, we're gonna have problems.
The neighbors to the left .. well, it's just one guy, but he's ALWAYS got visitors. In the summer they sit on the porch staring at the cars going by, not even really talking. I see different cars all the time. Mark and I make up outlandish stories about WTF is going on there.
4) What's the best lesson you've ever learned?
Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and everyone will dive for the exit.
5) Tell 3 things you have in your point of view right now.
1. A whole bank of computers.
2. A bowl of stir-fry.
3. A Christmas decoration that makes it appear as though three snowmen are a bit more than just friends, if you catch my snow drift.
6) What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
Addiction? Mountain Dew. I don't know if any of my fandoms amount to obsession, but after all these years I still think about Baum's Oz universe every day.
7) Do you prefer your junk food sweet, salty or savoy?
8) What websites do you always visit when you go online?
LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, Hotmail -- gotta keep in touch. Wish I had more time for them.
9) What was the last thing you bought?
Groceries. In northern Indiana, it's traditional to get groceries whenever snow is coming, no matter how little.
10) What can a man (or woman) do that leaves you helpless to their charms, and guaranteed to fall head over heels for them?
Hm ... be intelligent, and have some measure of common sense, dull as that may seem. Also, being a writer really helps.
11) What is the most difficult thing you have ever done?
I'm a parent.
12) What was the last meal you ate?
Stir-fry all gone.
13) Do you want to learn another language?
I'd like to, but my attempts to learn Spanish crashed and burned horribly. Therefore, I'm concentrating on trying to keep English straight.
14) Five things you want right now:
1 – This instant? About three days of sleep.
2 - To hold my first published book in my hand.
3 - More Mountain Dew. This will be the easiest.
4 - Summer. Or, barring that, Hawaii.
5 - Those chocolate covered peanuts I talked myself out of buying at the grocery store yesterday.
15) When is the last time you cried and why?
I don't recall for sure, although I choked up a little at the end of the last Harry Potter movie.
16) What's something that someone said to you today that was amusing?
Emily made me laugh with something last night, but I don't recall what. I don't laugh often this time of year although, possibly in reaction to my wintertime depression, I sometimes laugh hysterically at silly TV shows.
17) What are you looking forward to?
Summer, dammit! And it's not even technically winter yet.
18) Do you prefer boxers/briefs/tighty whities on a guy?
I can't begin to tell you how much I don't care what other guys wear!
19) What is your favourite electronic accessory?
If a computer doesn't count, I choose a camera.