- Fri, 01:13: RT @ifsMBA: #WW @pattynjohnson @mariejoywrites @LeaGHansen @DeborahHammon18 @MarkRHunter @DBerg_writer @EricDisney2 @truulite @IsleofC…
- Fri, 04:59: RT @TylerABC57: Parts of the Big Island have already maxed out the rainfall scale with 8-12” of rain. The problem? Hurricane #Lane hasn’t r…
- Fri, 07:16: Morning clouds #weather #clouds #indiana #summer #morning #sky @ Albion, Indiana https://t.co/QYhnSNnUfp
- Fri, 07:33: Morning clouds #weather #clouds #indiana #summer #morning #sky https://t.co/1Chv4dPMHX https://t.co/FNavCqUIIC
- Fri, 07:40: Morning clouds #weather #clouds #indiana #summer #morning #sky https://t.co/1Chv4dPMHX https://t.co/P7plXHa21S
- Fri, 07:57: Morning clouds #weather #clouds #indiana #summer #morning #sky https://t.co/1Chv4dPMHX https://t.co/8pffr7suL5
I took a 911 call at around 4:30 Monday morning from my step-father, who found my mother in a semi-conscious state. (I don't think I need to add that I was at work at the time.)
We thought it was another bout of diabetes problems, and her blood sugar was indeed sky-high; but so was her blood pressure, and it turned out she'd had a massive stroke. At some point later she had some related mini-strokes, and she was taken unconscious to Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne, where we spent a few days preparing ourselves for her to pass away.
Then, at about the same time of the morning as the original 911 call, she woke up. At first she had trouble talking, but within twenty-four hours she was speaking in whole sentences, sitting up, eating, and besides a few memory problems seemed much improved. It was totally unexpected by everyone, including the doctors and specialists, one of whom used the word "miracle".
Mom has atrial fibrillation, which apparently caused the clot that led to her stroke, so we're not out of the woods yet. At the very least she's in for rehab and a long recovery, and she still has to keep her diabetes and blood pressure under control--prayers are appreciated, for those who do so. Especially since we have other medical stuff going on in the family that I'm not at liberty to talk about. In any case, it's been an ... interesting week.
And, yes, a pretty stressful week.
|That's mom, second from the right. All the way to the right is HER mom.|