- Fri, 14:24: NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH UNTIL 6 PM FOR Northeast Indiana IN INDIANA THIS WATCH https://t.co/sY4LIAHL8B
- Fri, 14:41: Severe Thunderstorm Warning until 03:15PM https://t.co/0qt4zymFqt. Noble County now under a thunderstorm warning… https://t.co/RnrIVsFjmC
- Fri, 14:45: RT @InkFreeNews: A Tornado Warning has been issued until 3:15 p.m. for southeastern Kosciusko County. https://t.co/MpIOioo4Q5 https://t.co…
- Fri, 15:04: Noble County now under a thunderstorm warning in addition to tornado watch—really nasty looking storm coming in fro… https://t.co/vb1zaq6E1D
- Fri, 15:10: It’s already here. #WeatherAlert #storm #Indiana https://t.co/r5dGroG0Io
- Fri, 15:13: RT @FOX55FortWayne: New weather alerts for NE Indiana and NW Ohio. We'll show you more tonight on FOX 55 First at Ten. https://t.co/vqyCjiY…
- Fri, 15:15: RT @WLKY: This is #tornado video from New Middletown, Indiana, in Harrison County #INwx https://t.co/NKnyCzQNsn https://t.co/Ky8vpc76M4
- Fri, 15:33: Noble County now under a thunderstorm warning in addition to tornado watch—really nasty looking storm coming in fro… https://t.co/6fAfxJdmjA
- Fri, 15:40: Noble County now under a thunderstorm warning in addition to tornado watch—really nasty looking storm coming in fro… https://t.co/0J844qI2cR
- Fri, 15:55: The worst weather is west and southwest of Fort Wayne, with radar and spotter detected funnel clouds. Hail in the a… https://t.co/bc8NvCgjGi
July 21st, 2018
It was a tense day Friday, with the same severe storms approaching us that hit areas in Iowa with damaging tornadoes. Here in Noble County we ended up under a tornado watch and then a thunderstorm warning, and the leading edge looked pretty darned bad on radar.
And there were some funnel cloud sightings and at least one touchdown filmed ... but not in Noble County. Up here it eased somewhat before it hit, with most of the really bad stuff ending up to the south of us. The same system went on to produce tornado warnings in several other states to the south and east. We got some pretty heavy lightning, along with wind and hard rain, but only a few reports of damage. So the photos I took--mostly from my back porch--made it look worse than it was.
I should use days like this to work on a new story in the Storm Chaser series. Like ... a storm muse.