- Thu, 23:30: Close to midnight, and there's actually a heat index: 87 degrees. You could get heat stroke on a midnight stroll. #weather #Indiana
- Thu, 23:44: At only $1.98 on Kindle, it's almost a penny a joke! Slightly off the Mark: The Unpublished Columns https://t.co/ppj6D75om3
- Fri, 00:51: Staff Sargent Reckless Monumental Korean War Horse Bronze https://t.co/E5d9PMJT7y
- Fri, 05:54: RT @sunnyemi: Stopped to say hi to this little lady on my trail ride the other day #deer #wildlife #trai… https://t.co/iDmg8wME3Z https://t…
- Fri, 09:13: No wonder they're so good: The USA #gymnasts are #Cylons! #TheFinalFive #BSG
- Fri, 11:30: We need #rain badly, so I washed the car ... We'll see. #weather #Indiana
SLIGHTLY OFF THE MARK
Despite being on opposite sides of the world, there are similarities between this year’s Olympics in Rio, and the Games two years ago in Russia. There was all sorts of controversy about whether the host cities would be ready: cost overruns, health concerns, not to mention the relative health of the entire host nation.
There’s also a parallel paradox. In Rio we have the summer Olympics being held during what is, for them, winter. On the other hand, the winter Olympics of 2014 were held in Sochi—a summer resort.
Everyone was already aware of the Zika virus, one of the least popular South American exports ever. They couldn’t have sent us more coffee? One athlete’s wife had his sperm frozen, just in case he contracted the virus and they still wanted more children. That by itself is both tragic and the springboard for at least a few good jokes, and several dozen bad ones.
I don’t know where to start.( Collapse )