- Mon, 17:16: RT @InterAgencyBrd: RT @usfire: Newest #report analyzes on-duty fatalities of 91 #firefighters in 2014 & looks at possible solutions. https…
- Mon, 17:37: Thank you, readers and fellow authors. https://t.co/Sj1T63zPr8
- Mon, 17:58: So, it's #AuthorDay ? I can't help thinking that doesn't mean I should celebrate -- that means I should spend the day #writing !
- Mon, 20:45: 7 Reasons Why #books Are the Best Christmas Gifts https://t.co/YYDyFNfzeg
- Tue, 06:18: Fifty Authors from Fifty States: The Writing Life Where I’m From-West Virginia https://t.co/DqsFFDefFn
- Tue, 08:06: Scalpel ... Drill ... shop vac ... https://t.co/sa1rbUCWNX
I’m going to be away from the internet for a short time starting Thursday, due to a minor surgical procedure that’s probably going to make me not want to look at a screen for awhile. (It’s on my brain. Kidding, it’s near my brain, on my sinuses.) More about it in a blog post later, because if I can’t make fun of my own health, what can I make fun of?
I know what you’re thinking: “Is Mark going to take advantage of his health problems to sell more books?”
Yes. Yes, I am. I’ll have medical bills.
As soon as I can figure out a way I haven’t already tried. Oh: maybe “If you buy my books before the surgery and things go south, they may increase in value!”
|That is one handsome deviated septum, and your constricted sinus cavities are to die for!|
Worst November Ever was pretty worst, but now it seems to be rolling into December.
A friggin' sinkhole has opened up in my back yard. Oh, not a big one -- maybe a foot across. But it goes down for a good three feet. There's a concrete wall along one side, and it's four or five feet from the house, so I assume it's an old cistern or septic tank. The question is ... why now?I keep picturing those sinkholes in places like Florida that swallow whole houses.