Here goes, in no particular order.
1. My wonderful girlfriend.
2. Having a place big enough for my daughter and her boyfriend to come to when they recently lost their home.
3. The good health of my family; our health can be precarious at times, but we're doing okay this winter.
4. new books for Christmas.
5. seeing my house start to get ordered again after being a mess for too long.
6. chocolate! got lots for Christmas
7. Getting lots of good comments about my columns.
8. record high temperatures last week. Bring on global warming -- at least in winter.
9. the way my daughter's boyfriend was able to replace my car's starter in just an hour last week.
10. getting to see my youngest daughter's new show choir routine for the first time.